Lighting in Malls
Lighting has played an important role in architecture, lighting fulfills the requirement of both client and designer.
Shipra Mall Lighting
Shipra Mall, Indirapuram
- Carefully selected outdoor luminaries can reduce energy use, improve lighting quality
- The mall is extremely well lit from the outside
- Adequate lighting for the parking lot to provide safety guidance of traffic and to provide secure and comfortable surroundings for pedestrians
- Halogen lamps have been used to highlight the building facade
- The mall has a huge parking space
- There are many street lights and two flood lights
- Open space lighting are essential components of shopping mall lighting of outdoor spaces provides important benefits to all users.
- As shown in the photos, there is a west side entrance (a) and also parking lot entrance (b),
- Both the corridors have fallcelling lighting, that contributes to the physical comfort of the people. Lighting control is becoming increasingly important to offer flexibility and energy management
- Downlight Metal Halide lamps
- There are 14 floodlight luminaires
- L.E.D fixtures use in shops
- Shopping mall lighting contributes to its light and airy atmosphere.
- Energy-efficient products and automatic switching keep energy costs down while integrated windows and skylights give customers and shoppers a connection to the outdoors.
- In the center, up light fixtures use a combination of metal halide and high-pressure sodium lamps
- Lighting in retail applications must entice people to enter a store and direct attention to the merchandise. Ideally it should also use energy efficiently and avoid damaging the merchandise with excessive heat.
- This snapshot shows how the store has balanced the need to attract attention with the need for energy-efficient lighting.