“ A measure of a city ’s greatness is to be found in the quality of its public spaces,
its parks and squares . . . ” - John Ruskin
Public Urban Spaces: Squares
- SOCIAL And CULTURAL Effect Of Square:
- An oasis for office workers, tourists, children. Venue for social interaction.
- VISUAL Effect of Square:
- Unifies architecture, open spaces and street interfaces. Contributes green spaces in the city.
- ENVIRONMENTAL Effect of a Square:
- Breathing spaces in an urban fabric.
- ECONOMIC Effect of a Square:
- Supports Tourism, improves quality of historic areas and buildings.
Public Spaces : Evolution with Time